We are pleased to welcome you to Sofia, Bulgaria
THE SOUTH-EAST EUROPEAN
REGIONAL CONFERENCE OF PSYCHOLOGY – 2009
Southeastern Europe Looking Ahead:
Paradigms, Schools, Needs and Achievements of Psychology in the Region
Bulgaria, Sofia – 30.X – 1.XI. 2009
CONFERENCE PAPERS PUBLICATION
Conference Papers are published in the Bulgarian Journal of Psychology, 2009 and 2010.
Thank you for your interest in SEERCP 2009 Proceedings !
DOWNLOAD FROM HERE:
The Regional Conference of Psychology – 2009 (SEERCP2009) “Southeastern Europe Looking Ahead: Paradigms, Schools, Needs and Achievements of Psychology in the Region” will allow us to demonstrate the achievements and enhance the capacity-building collaboration of the psychologists in the region and the world.
SEERCP2009 will help psychologists representing the countries in the region to share and increase their professional knowledge of what is going on in their countries, to learn about the paradigms, schools, needs and achievements of psychologists across the region and other parts of the world.
Join us at SEERCP2009 in Sofia! Let’s work and grow together!
Thank you for your interest in SEERCP 2009 !
THE WEBSITE IS UPDATED EVERY DAY
This page will provide the most up-to-date information as it becomes available, but be sure to join also the e-mail based CONFERENCE FORUM below so we can let you know as soon as those updates are made.
To receive regular e-mail updates about SEERCP2009:
SEERCP 2009 AT A GLANCE:
We are delighted to present a scientific program overview and invite you to join us
Conference Scientific Program includes:
2 PLENARY SESSIONS with 20 KEYNOTE THEMES and INTERNATIONAL SPONSORS’ PRESENTATIONS
The list of already confirmed keynote and state-of-the art presentations by leading international speakers includes:
- Prof.Dr. Rainer Silbereisen, Germany (IUPsyS President), Social Change and Human Development – Research Insights and Agenda for the Future;
- Prof.Dr. Michael Knowles, Australia (IAAP President), Terrorism and the Terrorist: A Regional Analysis;
- Prof.Dr. Raymond Fowler, USA (IAAP President-Elect), Positive Psychology and Positive Health – Increasing Longevity, Health and Happiness;
- Prof.Dr. Michael Frese, Germany (IAAP,President-Past), Entrepreneurship in Transitional Economies: Psychological Factors for Entrepreneurial Success;
- Prof.Dr. Michel Sabourin, Canada (IUPsyS Treasurer), The Role of Psychologist in the Judiciary System;
- Dr. Nicholas Hammond, UK, (IUPsyS Executive Officer), Why Do Disciplines Differ in their Use of Group-based Learning in Higher Education?;
- Prof.Dr. James Georgas, Greece (IACCP), Differences and Universals in Psychological Aspects of Families Across Cultures;
- Prof.Dr. Klaus Boehnke, Germany, Bulgarian Sojourner Students: Their Personalities, Values and Images of the Human Being in a Global Perspective;
- Prof.Dr. Linda Berg-Cross, USA, Defining Issues in Health Psychology and Behavioral Sleep Medicine;
- Prof.Dr. Salli Saari, Finland (EFPA), Disaster, Crisis and Trauma Psychology;
- Prof.Dr. Elizabeth Nair, Singapore (IAAP), Psychology and Facing Trauma in East European Countries;
- Prof.Dr. Michael Lindsey, USA, Neurological Research in Juvenile Justice Services and System Reform;
- Dr. Saths Cooper and Dr Ann Watts, South Africa, Psychology Serving Humanity: The XXX International Congress of Psychology – 2012;
- Dr. Irina L.G. Todorova, Bulgaria, (EHPS President), The Role of Health Psychology in the Health Crisis of Southeastern Europe
12 SYMPOSIA with PAPERS and POSTERS SESSIONS:
Symposium 1 (S01) Adolescents’ Health in a Changing World: Understanding Meanings, Practices and Needs of Youth in SEE - with a focus on Health Psychology
Symposium 2 (S02) School and Developmental Psychology – with a focus on Prevention of School Violence and Solving Problems on Youth and Families
Symposium 3 (S03) Clinical and Counseling Psychology – with a focus on Access to Psychotherapy, Psychological Counseling and Mental Health Services
Symposium 4 (S04) Applied Social Psychology in Action – with a focus on Mass Media, Crime and Civil Society Research and Intervention Models
Symposium 5 (S05) Psychology in the Economy, Public Policy, and Government – with a focus on Integrating Psychological Dimensions into Modern Economic Models and Public Policy Making
Symposium 6 (S06) Organizational Psychology – with a focus on Developing Human Capital and Organizational Effectiveness
Symposium 7 (S07) Disasters and Crisis Psychology - with a focus on Crisis Intervention Models and the Need of Professional Networks Development
Symposium 8 (S08) Psychological Assessment - with a focus on Test Standards, Professional Training and Certification of Test Administrators and Users
Symposium 9 (S09) Reseach in Juvenile Justice Services – with a focus on System Reform
Symposium 10 (S10) Applied Psychology as a Profession I: EuroPsy Certificate Implementation in the SEE Region - What’s Up and Where We Stand?
Symposium 11 (S11) Applied Psychology as a Profession II: Teaching and Studying Psychology, Professional and Career Development of SEE Psychologists
Symposium 12 (S12) Applied Psychology as a Profession III: National Associations of Psychologists – Capacity Building and Regional Networking
The SEERCP2009 will also allow to work together in more than
25 Round tables, Open Forums and Future Search Discussions, Training and Demonstration Workshops, Info Exchange and AdHoc Meetings, Book and Tests Exhibitions
The list of confirmed workshops, round tables and thematic discussions includes:
CAPACITY BUILDING WORKSHOPS:
- “IUPsyS National Capacity Building” – Workshop for Psychologists’ Associations in SEE conducted by IUPsyS team;
- ” EuropeanPsychological Associations – Foundation, Growth and Development, Networking and Collaboration” – Chaired by Ole Tnold, Secretary General of the Norwegian Psychological Association and members of the EFPA Secretaries-General Network;
- “Open Space for Futures Search of Psychology in the SEE” – Open Space Discussion Lab for Members of the National Associations of Psychologists in the SEE Region – Dr. Pl.Dimitrov, BPS, (Bulgaria);
- “How to Use Ethical Principles for Creating or Reviewing a Code of Professional Ethics” – Workshop of Prof.Dr. J.Gauthier, Prof. Dr. G. Lindsay, Prof. Y.Korkut, and Dr. S.Behnke – Prof.Dr.G.Lindsay is one of the co-authors of Ethics for European Psychologists;
- “The Use of Teleconference for the Treatment of Patients and the Education of Professionals” – Round Table of KLIMAKA NGO, Greece;
- “Strategy Towards the Effective Management of Suicide throughout Europe” – Round Table of KLIMAKA NGO, Greece;
- “Psychological Problems of Aging” – Round Table of Prof.Dr. N. Alexandrova, Sofia University (Bulgaria);
- “Psychological Assessment in SEE: Current Practices, Main Challenges, and Likely Scenarios” – Round Table of Dr. N.Nikolov (Bulgaria), and Dr. D. Iliescu (Romania);
TRAINING, DEMONSTRATION AND ADHOC WORKSHOPS:
- “Dysfunctional Nation and its People” – Workshop of Prof.Dr. Raymond Hamden, UAE;
- “Psychology of Terrorists” – Workshop of Prof.Dr. Raymond Hamden, UAE;
- “Re-Genesis: How to Create Positive Alternative Selves and Realities in Post-Modern World”– Training Workshop by HumanPlus Foundation (Bulgaria);
- “Effective Discipline Management in the Classroom and in the School” – Training Workshop by HumanPlus Foundation (Bulgaria);
- “Intervision of Training Professionals as Peer Supervsion” – Training Workshop by N.Yordanov (Bulgaria);
- “EU Grants – Possibility for Exchange and Collaboration between the Psychologists in SEE” – Workshop of the Association of Young Psychologists “4 April”(Bulgaria), and EFPSA members;
- “Every Person As a Story” – Workshop by Dr. I.Miron & Dr.I.M.Miron (Romania);
- “Black Cat, White Cat and Psychodrama in the Middle” – Workshop of Psychodramatichna Rabotilnica (Bulgaria);
- ” Teaching Casework and Case Formulation at the University” – Workshop of Bulgarian Institute of Human Relations” (Bulgaria);
- “Social Construction of Interpersonal Categories – Diversity Ice-Breaker” – Workshop of Dr. B.Ekelund (Norway), and Dr. L.Davcheva (Bulgaria);
- “Tolerance for Ambiguity: Creativity and Personality” – Workshop of Prof.Dr. K.Stoycheva, NBU (Bulgaria);
- “Personal Psycho-Discretia” – Workshop of Prof.Dr.I Kossev(Bulgaria);
- “Kill the Criminal, Save the Person – Adaptation of the APAC Methodology for Bulgarian Prisons” – Workshop of E.Yoncheva, Prison Felowship(Bulgaria);
- “Mediation and Coaching” – Workshop of Dr.Y.Sne-Cohen -R.E.U.T.,( Israel);
- “Stress Management and Psycho-Rehabilitation” – Workshop by Prof.Dr.A.Dadkhah (Iran);
2 AdHoc Workshops of Students (Master & PhD) of Psychology from SEE countries.
SEERCP 2009 Exhibitions
The Bulgarian Psychological Society is pleased to invite you to join the Exhibitors to the South-East European Regional Conference of Psychology (SEERCP 2009) – Sofia,
Sofia University, 30 October – 1 November 2009!
Reach all the guests and particiants of the SEERCP 2009 – The Exhibition Area will be located in space in front of major conference rooms in the South Wing of the Sofia University, close to the SEERCP 2009 Registration desk, the Sofia University bookshops, and poster sessions area.
Download, fill in and send back the SEERCP Exhibition Application Form:
Friday (30 October 2009) and Saturday (31 October 2009)
9:30 AM to 5:30 PM
Sunday,(November 1, 2009)
9:30 AM to 14:30 PM
Exhibits must be staffed at all times during exhibit hours.
Flyers, small brochures and future events announcements from SEERCP 2009 participants could be displayed for free at the Meet SEERCP 2009 participants stand. Please, contact the Registration Desk for detailed instruction and further assistance during the conference.
By 30 July 2009 more than 350 submissions from all 5 continents! Thanks indeed to all authors, co-authors and presenters!
MORE THAN 200 PAPER PRESENTATIONS in 12 THEMATIC SYMPOSIA:
JOIN US – MEET THE AUTHORS
Please, download the list from the above link. Check whether your name is properly included. For corrections and additions, please, send us an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
SEERCP 2009 REGISTRATION PROCESS IS STILL IN PROGRESS…
Please save the date and plan to join us for SEERCP 2009! Conference will be October 30 – November 1, 2009. Three full days! Make sure you have the necessary travel, visa and hotel arrangements. Please register to participate as a contributor, guest, or listener/discussant before the Conference openning!
Just download, complete and send back to us your
SEERCP2009 will be a YOUTH-FRIENDLY CONFERENCE!
Undergraduate, postgraduate and PhD students of psychology from SEE region are welcome to participate in all components of the scientific program at reduced fees. Students of psychology are encouraged to present their studies and projects in specially designed TWO 2-hours long STUDENTS’ WORKSHOPS, using interactive methods, posters, powerpoint presentations, short viedos, role-plays and simulations. The imagination is the only limit! The Youth round table “HOW TO DO IT IN SOUTH-EASTERN EUROPE - STUDYING AND CAREER IN PSYCHOLOGY?” will provide space for open discussion on specific problems of students and young psychologists in SEE countries. Ideas and experience would be exchanged on possibilities for improving the professional development in the region. Young psychologists will have access to the special 3-hrs workshop “EU GRANTS -POSSIBILITY FOR EXCHANGE AND COLLABORATION BETWEEN PSYCHOLOGISTS IN THE S E E”. The workshop facilitators will be provided by the Association of young psychologists in Bulgaria “4th of April” (Member of EFPSA and official co-organizing partner of BPS)
At SEERCP2009 exhibition stands will be provided for students’ organizations and universities from different countries to present.
For submissions and contacts:
Host-organization: The Bulgarian Psychological Society (BPS) in partnership with Sofia University “St.Kliment Ohridski”, The Institute of Psychology – Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, and Association of Young Bulgarian Psychologists “4 April”
with the support of official SEERCP 2009 sponsors
The International Association of Applied Psychology (IAAP)
The International Association of Cross-Cultural Psychology (IACCP)
The International Union of Psychological Science (IUPsyS)
The European Federation of Psychologists’ Associations (EFPA)
The European Health Psychology Society (EHPS)
Media Partners: The Bulgarian Journal of Psychology and the Brain and Mind Magazine
CONFERENCE SERVICES PARTNER:
BPS, Copyright © 2007-2009
SEERCP2009 Organizing Committee values your privacy and will not sell or distribute your contact information. This information will ONLY be used to communicate with you about Conference offerings and updates.